Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nothing new

We met with Anne last night. While she gave us lots of helpful information about our trip, she didn't have any news specifically about Miranda. It seems we are going to have to wait until our visit to see how big she is and how she's growing. I hope the 3-6 month clothes fit her! I have some 6-9month clothes that I'm taking to give to the foster mom, so if she's bigger she can wear these. If she's small, though, I'll have to run to the mall in Guatemala City to buy her some clothes!

Shopping today to get ready for the trip...I've been "getting ready" for many weeks now! Today I bought her a pair of earrings to give to her foster mom when she has Miranda's ears pierced. I also bought gifts for the foster mom, foster grandma, and our Guatemalan facilitator. Here are some pics of the adorable clothes I'm taking for Miranda. I've bought a few things at local resale stores, but many of these clothes were given to me by a good friend at work---THANKS SO MUCH LISA!!

I totally reminded myself of my mother today. I went to a resale store in town, "The Purple Cow," and was looking at diaper bags. I saw this cute messenger bag-type and thought it was pretty cute...until I looked at the price tag! "$79.99!!" I exclaimed outloud. (My mother used to proclaim prices loudly when we were in "cool" stores in the mall...I would always be mortified.) Anyway, I didn't buy the $80 diaper bag. I'm sure you're not surprised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...What beautiful clothes. I shudder to think how Miranda would be dressed if I picked out her wardrobe. Maybe camouflage pants and a backwards hat? You're doing a great job with "our" blog. Love, Miranda's father