Monday, April 21, 2008

We are here!

We arrived without incident around 2pm today. Thanks so much to everyone who prayed for our safety. God totally provided for us by having our friends who are also adopting be on the same plane with us from Houston to Guatemala City!! We met Alex (and her daughter Rachel) here in February and this time she and her husband Sam are coming for their pick-up trip. Sam was totally awesome with helping with our bags at the airport. I was so grateful!! I think it helped Matt to know that they were going to be there with me. The airport was a breeze, hardly any lines.
We've already gone swimming. Now we're going to watch a movie and walk to a local restaurant. Miranda arrives tomorrow morning at 10am!! I'll post pictures by tomorrow night. We're going to have a little birthday party by the pool tomorrow afternoon for Max. The hotel is going to have a cake and I'm going to order the boys' favorite Guatemalan fast-food chicken---POLLO CAMPERO!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

yay! glad you made it safely (even with the airplane fears). ill keep reading...cant wait to see pictures!

Armstrong's said...

Welcome to Guatemala! Can't wait to see you guys in Antigua!

Anonymous said...

bring us back some pollo...and that little girl!

One Busy Momma said...

So glad you made it there without a hitch!!!!!!
Have fun with the party!!!!!
I can smell the Pollo Campero already!

Denise

Candy said...

WOOOO HOOOO Jaggy Poo and Miss Miranda will be holding hands SOON...hehe

Hey girl email me the number of where you are staying so I can call you tomorrow

cmurnan@itxnetwork.com

WOOO HOOOO I can't wait to see you

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely!! I can't believe Miranda will be with you in just a few short hours. Looking forward to following your journey....Melissa