Monday, April 21, 2008

We are Pink!

To all of you out there who are unaware, being "Pink" means that we have our U.S. embassy appointment date!! Our appointment will be May 5 at 8am. We then have to pick up Miranda's Visa the following day, so we'll all fly home on the 7th! Matt is going to fly to join us in Antigua sometime next week and we'll all travel back to Guatemala City on the 4th. We're going to be coming home so soon!

Today we went to the local grocery store to stock up on supplies. I had Miranda in the baby carrier and we walked quite a ways...I really like my Moby baby carrier and Miranda seems to like it as well. It was super helpful as we walked home from the grocery store and I could have my hands free to carry groceries and also keep the boys from being hit by a car on the crazy streets of Antigua!

Even though I think I look like a total dork, I am going to let go of my pride to show you a picture of me with Miranda in the Moby baby wrap. She really likes it and seriously, almost every Guatemalan smiles at her as we walk by. And they say wonderful, heart-warming things like "Que linda! Que bonita! Que preciosa!" (How beautiful, How pretty, How precious!)
It is 10pm Antigua time and I'm off to bed. Apparently tonight is the weekly "mass for people with problems" (as our front-desk person described to me) and the local Catholic church rang it's bells for close to 30 minutes and people were setting off tons of fireworks. When the bells kept going off, I seriously thought it was like in the movies...an emergency cry...like maybe the volcano was erupting and we all needed to evacuate. Yes...I know I have a tendency to jump to conclusions. Good night.

9 comments:

Greg and Felicia Huff said...

Congratulations! How wonderful!

Greg and Felicia Huff
(Currently waiting PGN for 3 year old boy from Guat)

Unknown said...

I wouldn't say you look like a total dork... it's more like you're the amazing two headed, four armed, four legged woman and her mini-me.

Kim & Dave said...

Congrats!!!

Such a GOOD feeling, isn't it????

Nothing in the world quite like it!

Mom of two Guat tots & one birth daughter.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you all! How exciting and fun and just WOW! You guys all look really happy. What a great experience for you to be able to be there with Miranda in her native country with her new brothers. We will all be thinking of you. Keep in touch and be safe. Just think-- your spanish will be so good that you can be our er interp.

Dula said...

Excellent news!
You most definitely do not look a dork, you look awesome and Miranda looks very content.
An alternative thought regarding "tendancy to jump to conclusions"...you are someone who is aware of your surroundings and environment and what might occur and what you might need to do in a crisis...sounds like necessary qualities for an ER nurse and a Mom...my opinion of course.
I love you. Can't wait to see you and the other 4 M's.
Mom/Gramma Donna

Katie said...

Congrats!! Celebrate by going to Deliciosa (grocery store on 3rd calle between 4th and 5th) and get some handmade, unreal, chocolate from Ishmael!!! See you soon! (You'll be home before my milk expires!)

Domestic Goddess PhD said...

Personally I think you look hot in the Moby wrap! And Miranda does look completely content - thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

We are so excited for you!!!!!!!!

Love, Moe and Crissy

Anonymous said...

You & Miranda look great in your Moby! You want to talk about looking like a dork...I tried on Rachel's new Moby (we put a stuffed animal in to simulate Isaac(only 8 wks to go)! I looked far dorkier that you. Glad everything seems to be going so well! Can't wait to see you back in early May!
Take care! Love, Shawn & Rachel